- 🔑 Sarai's plan to help God fulfill His word was to have Abram sleep with his concubine Hagar.
- 🔑 Sarai was jealous when Hagar became pregnant, so she 'dealt with her harshly'.
- 🔑 Hagar was told by an angel to return to Sarai and submit herself to her.
- 🔑 Hagar was told that her descendants would multiply exceedingly, and that her son would be a wild man.
- 🔑 Ishmael was born.
Genesis 15 - God’s Covenant with Abram
- 🔑 God promised Abram that he would have a child of his own.
- 🔑 God told Abram in a dream that his descendants (the Israelites) would serve strangers (the Egyptians) for 400 years.
- 🔑 After 400 years the strangers would be judged and his descendants would come out of it with great possessions.
- 🔑 God promised the land of Israel to Abram's descendants.
Genesis 14 - Lot’s Captivity and Rescue
- 🔑 Lot was captured during the defeat of Chedorlaomer and the kings who were with him.
- 🔑 Abram took his 318 servants and recued Lot, the women and the people, and all of the goods.
- 🔑 Abram did not keep the goods because it would have made it seem like someone else made him rich instead of God making him rich.
Genesis 13 - Abram Inherits Canaan
- 🔑 Abram went out of Egypt up to what is now modern day Israel.
- 🔑 Lot went to Jordan to live, and Abram inherited the land of Israel.
- 🔑 Abram was very rich in livestock, in silver, and in gold.
- 🔑 Abram built altars for the Lord whenever he moved to a different place.
- 🔑 The Lord instructed Abram to leave his country.
- 🔑 The Lord told Abram that he would make him a great nation, and that all of the families of the earth would be blessed through him.
- 🔑 God told Abram that he would give him the land of Canaan.
- 🔑 Abram was materially blessed by the Egyptians, even during a famine.
Genesis 11 - The Tower of Babel
- 🔑 The tower of Babel was built to make a name for the people.
- 🔑 God confused their languages and scattered them accross the earth.
Genesis 10 - Nations Descended from Noah
- 🔑 Noah's sons populated the entire earth after the flood.
Genesis 9 - God’s Promise to Noah
- 🔑 God's commandment to Noah and his family - Be fruitful and multiply. Bring forth abundantly in the earth and multiply in it.
- 🔑 God made a covenant with Noah that he would never send a flood again to destroy the earth.
- 🔑 The seed of Canaan was cursed, and it was a prophecy of the coming trouble of the lineage.
Genesis 8 - God’s Covenant with Creation
- 🔑 After 150 days the waters began to recede.
- 🔑 An offering is a way to get God's attention.
- 🔑 God promised to never again destroy his creation.
- 🔑 Noah was saved from the flood because he was righteous before God in his generation.
- 🔑 The rains lasted for 40 days and nights, and the water was on the face of the earth for 150 days.
- 🔑 Only Noah and those who were with him in the ark remained alive.
Genesis 6 - The Wickedness and Judgment of Man
- 🔑 The world became corrupt before God, and God had to destroy what He created.
- 🔑 Noah was perfect, and walked with God. Thus, he was spared from the destruction.
- 🔑 Noah acted in faith and was blessed because he obeyed the will and commands of God.
Genesis 5 - The Family of Adam
- 🔑 Enoch was one of the few people that were taken by God instead of dying.
Genesis 4 - Cain Murders Abel
- 🔑 Abel's sacrifice was pleasing to God because it was the best he had.
- 🔑 Cain's offering was rejected, and in anger Cain killed Abel.
- 🔑 Both Cain and the descendants of Cain were cursed with the same anger.
- 🔑 Seth replaced Abel, and men began to call upon the name of the Lord.
Genesis 3 - The Temptation and Fall of Man
- 🔑 Deception is the primary way the Devil is able to hinder Christians.
- 🔑 Adam and Eve were cursed because they disobeyed the Word of God.
- 🔑 By eating the fruit of the tree of good and evil, humans became like God in the fact that we know good and evil. Because of this, we are in control of our decisions and destinies.
Genesis 2 - The Garden Of Eden
- 🔑 God sanctified the seventh day, making it set apart from the other days.
- 🔑 God formed man out of dust and breathed life into his nostrils.
- 🔑 Adam was put into the garden of Eden to tend it, but he was not to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.
- 🔑 Adam needed a helper, so God had Adam name every animal. Unsatisfied, he made a Woman out of Adams rib.
Genesis 1 - The History of Creation
- 🔑 God created the heavens and the earth using only words.
- 🔑 Speaking life into existence is faith in action.
- 🔑 There is a process to creation that we can adapt in our own lives.
- 🔑 We are created in God's image, and are blessed to take dominion over the earth.